Today (21 October) is Apple Day and what better way to celebrate this versatile, delicious and healthy fruit than sharing one of our favourite recipes that’s great to make with the kids.
- 200 g or 7oz plain flour
- 100 g or 3.5 oz caster sugar
- 50 g or 2 oz brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 90 ml milk
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg beaten
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- 2 large apples – peeled cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 C, 400F which is Gas 6 and add paper or silicone cases to muffin tray.
- Measure out your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Stir until just combined, don’t worry if there are still a few lumps.
- Gently fold in chopped apples and spoon mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Place on a cooling rack and try to stop the kids from eating them until they’re cool.